In India, the lockdown has been extended to 31 May. Now during this time, it has been decided to start domestic flights in the country. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said that all the airport and flight service companies have been asked to be ready by 25 May.
Domestic flights resume
Domestic flights will start in the country from 25 May. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said that all airports should be prepared for this. He gave information about this by tweeting. He said that a special operating procedure for passengers has been issued separately by the Ministry.
Let us know that the lockdown-4 which is applicable in the country is till May 31 but during this time it has been decided to start domestic flights. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri tweeted, “Domestic flights will be started from May 25. All the airports have been notified to be ready to serve from May 25.
Hardeep Singh Puri Tweets
Domestic civil aviation operations will recommence in a calibrated manner from Monday 25th May 2020.
All airports & air carriers are being informed to be ready for operations from 25th May.
SOPs for passenger movement are also being separately issued by @MoCA_GoI.
— Hardeep Singh Puri (@HardeepSPuri) May 20, 2020
Earlier on May 15, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) issued some guidelines for passengers. A six-point guideline has been issued by the Airport Authority of India. In which it is mandatory to download ‘Arogya Setu App’, web-check in, and print out the boarding pass.
Domestic flights Rules
- AAI has said in its guidelines that it will be compulsory for travelers to download the Arogya Setu app.
- It will be necessary to take other protective measures including wearing masks
- Travelers have to maintain a social distance of 4 feet.
- Web check-in will have to be done instead of boarding card printing. And its print out has to be kept together.
- Passengers must wash or sanitize their hands from time to time. 350ml sanitizer bottle to be kept with you at all times
- Travelers must cooperate with the airport staff.